Supra ZAC Fibre Optic Interconnect
ZAC stands for Zero Attenuation Concept. The innovative furbished curving of the optical fibre core tip to get a zero divergence loss enables plastic fibre optics to be used at all, and to achieve the same transmission quality as of a glass fibre core in combination with the strength and flexibility of the plastic core.
The Supra ZAC plastic fibre core features the following benefits:
- Low weight - Low bending force and easy cable strain relief
- High band width, garanteed for 32 bit/384 kHz! - Headroom for comming digital studio-like formats
- Interference immune - does not react on magnetic, electro magnetic or electrical noise fields
- No radiation - does not radiate harmful noise fields
- Immune to household electricity - does not add any noise like in many electrical signal transmissions
- Complete galvanic isolation - Allows for interconnections between devices with separate earth potentials and phase, e.g. computer, TV and home cinema
ZAC MinTos - 3.5 mm plug and TosLink plug
Supra ZAC MinTos means 3.5 mm mini plug to TosLink plug; short for Toshiba Link.
This combination optical fibre is quite often used when connecting new types of music players, e.g. laptop with USB to 3.5 mm optical converter dongle to a DAC with TosLink interface.
||Digital optic 3.5 mm plug <—> TosLink plug
||High-end age resistant plastic core
|Optical fibre tip polish
||3-Step patented process
||Spring loaded clamp in opposite chassis connector
|Cable clamping & strain relief
||Molded / Bending protected / great fit to both standards