SUPRA launched its first HDMI cable in 2004. 9 years of continuous product development has resulted in the Supra HD5 HDMI Met-S/B, which (according to us) is the best HDMI cable on the market, offering HDMI High Speed with Ethernet & 4K resolution. We guarantee that the cable can handle all HDMI signals up to 32m. SUPRA HD5 is tested and approved in compliance with the latest test provisions by HDMI´s Accredited Testing Center in the USA. A secure quality guarantee of our HDMI cables. The bandwidth in the HD5 (used in all of our HDMI/DVI cables) is 1100MHz, almost four times the spec of HDMI High Speed (340MHz). There are some interesting cables out there claiming to do the job but only a few are actually approved for it. SUPRA HDMI is a safe choice.
The patented detachable connector housing (Met-S/B) allows free choice of straight or angled plug covers, both included. The fact that it can be pulled through a conduit, because of its remove- able housing, makes it even better.
SUPRA MET-S/B, (Straight/Bent)
High Speed HDMI with Ethernet Cable (v2.0)
Angled HDMI for less strain by heavy cables and easier fitting for wall tv/dvd/reciever etc. Also available in straight shape. The housing is detachable from the soldered cable. The connector body is pre-moulded to protect the termination and make installation possible in conduits. (>20mm pipe and >25mm tube). The housing is in metal for optimal shielding. Should you prefer to put a straight housing on after installation, it is available, too. Both bent and straight plugs are included in the package, use the one that fits your setup best.
How you get a bent and too big connector through a small conduit pipe (min. diam. 20mm for conduit pipe and min. 25mm for conduit tube)
1. Can you pull this connector through a conduit pipe?
2a. All parts are easily detachable.
2b. These are the parts of the dis-assembled connector.
2c. The soldered part is overmoulded for protection.
3. Nylon braid is used as an aid to pull the cable through the conduit.
Fasten the braid to the pulling tool with a knot.
4. Picture showing how much space there is left in a 20mm pipe.
5. As you can see, despite the sharply bent pipe, the cable got through, effortlessly.
6. Assembled cable and connector ready for use.
SUPRA HDMI Features & benefits
- Transmits today’s challenging formats flawlessly
- Future proof - Meets today’s HDMI standard and known requirements of tomorrow
- Sturdy design - Withstand the normal installation abuse
- 23AWG leads - For minimum losses
- Triple screen technology - Provides for long distance clearance hence freedom of installation with maintained signal integrity
- Made in Sweden, three step quality plan - Unsurpassed quality and reliability
High resolution picture and sound
We often meet scepticism when we talk about HDMI cables. ”Does it really matter?” ”I mean, it’s only a data stream? Yes, it is a stream of digital bits. Yes, it does matter. Unfortunately there is an intermediate state before the signal is so corrupt it cannot be read and blanks out. Many claim that if the screen shows, the signal is good enough. There is circuitry in the receiver which tries to repair broken data stream by buffering and error correction, but this is based on best possible estimates and is not necessarily what was sent. You might experience sync problems (delays), distorted colorations, insufficient blackness, noise and unexplainable audible pops during which the hardware is working overtime trying to repair the fragile bitstream. Do your precious hardware the best possible favour you can by connecting it using SUPRA HDMI cables and both you and your equipment will fully enjoy the show.
Specifications of SUPRA HDMI-HDMI MET-SB HD AV
- Standard: HDMI 2.0, High speed with ethernet
- Connection Config: Single-Link
- Connectors: HDMI-HDMI
- Signal Direction:
- HDMI Plugs incl: 2 x Straight Met-S & 1 x Bent Met-B
- Application Examples: DVD/Projector/TV
- Max Resolution: 4K UltraHD up to 15m, 1080P@24 15m to 30m
- Solder Tin: Almit SR-34 Super
- Cable clamping: Molded
- Cable: SUPRA HD5
- Cross section Area: 5xTMDS 0.26 / 23 (mm2/AWG)
- Wire Material: Solid OFC
- Insulation: PE Foam
- Inner Screen, Coverage: Alu/PET Foil, 100%
- Comm. Conductors: 5xAWG 26 PE
- Outer Screen, Coverage: Alu/PET Foil & Braid, 100%
- Jacket: Heat & Ageing Resistant PVC
- Flameretardancy: No, se FRHF Version
- Cable diameter: 9.5 (mm)
- Weight/m: 0.106 (kg/m)