PARADIGM PCS 82SQ
Until we released our PCS Series, choice was limited when it came to high-performance in-wall/in-ceiling subwoofers. Most options simply didn’t deliver the kind of big bass performance that got us excited at Paradigm. In fact, the only things those other brands excited were wall vibrations — not a good thing in a custom subwoofer. PCS subs gave you real choices for real bass performance. Our in-wall PCS-82SQ sub gives you even more!
Typically, we suggest a minimum of two PCS subs be used in each system, but the more the better! For all the reasons why, check out our PCS sub section of the site. PCS-82SQ is an animal of a different nature. In one subwoofer, two high-performance 8˝ woofers do the job of two regular PCS subs. For those with limited space it’s the ideal solution … twice the bass in half the space.
A single Paradigm X-300 amplifier (sold separately) is designed to power one or two PCS-82SQ subwoofers.
PARADIGM PCS 82SQ FEAUTURE
Full-perimeter Bracket Design.
Unlike typical mounting ears, brackets cover the full diameter or height and width of the speaker chassis to effectively sandwich and strengthen the area around the mounting hole.
Dual Advanced High-Excursion CFP™ Carbon-Fiber-Reinforced Polypropylene Cone.
The addition of carbon fiber provides excellent cone rigidity. Over-molded ‘M-roll’ design thermoplastic surround guarantees greater cone excursion and durability.
Powerful Ferrite Magnet and Advanced Motor Structures.
1-1/2˝ (38 mm) voice coil with four-layer high-temperature copper wire wrapped around a polyamide former. FEA-optimized.
High-Strength GRIP™ Glass-Reinforced Injection-Molded Polymer Chassis and Mounting Bracket.
Dramatically reduces sound-coloring resonances emanating from the wall.
Specifications of PARADIGM PCS 82SQ
- Design: Dual high-excursion driver, in-wall, GRIP™ chassis / mounting bracket
- Mid/Bass Frequency Driver: Two 210-mm (8 in) CFP™ carbon-fiber-reinforced polypropylene cones, 38-mm (1-1/2 in) voice coils, over-molded TPR™ surrounds, 38-mm (1-1/2 in) 4-layer copper wire voice coils, high-temperature polyamide formers, ceramic/ferrite magnet structures
- Low Frequency Extension: 19 Hz (DIN)
- Weight: 8.8 lbs. (4 kg)
- Overall Dimensions
- Height 9.25" (23.5cm)
- Width 16.75" (42.5cm)
- Cut-Out Dimensions
- Height 8.125" (20.6cm)
- Width 15.625" (39.7cm)
- Minimum Mounting Depth (Depth required is the distance between 1/2" drywall, or similar material) 3.9375" (10.0cm)
- Minimum Internal Volume Required: 0.99 cu ft (28 L)