PARADIGM PCS 80R
Want the walls free of speakers? Purchase our PCS-80R sub—the ideal complement to an in-ceiling Paradigm Guided Soundfield™ system. PCS-80R’s match the footprint of our Guided Soundfield™ models. All the output of a powerful Paradigm subwoofer system, completely hidden from view. And since bass frequencies are nondirectional as they go lower in frequency, no matter where in the wall or ceiling you position the subwoofer, it won’t affect the stereo image of your front speakers or the soundstage of your multichannel speaker system. And Paradigm's optional Perfect Bass Kit is available to help with problems of the room.
PARADIGM PCS 80R FEATURE
Full-perimeter Bracket Design.
Unlike typical mounting ears, brackets cover the full diameter or height and width of the speaker chassis to effectively sandwich and strengthen the area around the mounting hole.
Advanced High-Excursion CFP™ Carbon-Fiber-Reinforced Polypropylene Cone.
The addition of carbon fiber provides excellent cone rigidity. Over-molded ‘M-roll’ design thermoplastic surround guarantees greater cone excursion and durability.
Powerful Ceramic / Ferrite Magnet and Motor Structures.
1-1/2˝ (38 mm) voice coil with four layers of high-temperature copper wire wrapped around a polyamide former. FEA-optimized magnet / motor structure generates strong energy in the gap.
Combination Die-Cast and GRIP™ Glass-Reinforced Injection-Molded Polymer Chassis and Mounting Bracket (PCS-80R).
A rigid die-cast structure that dramatically reduces ceiling resonances.
High-Strength GRIP™ Glass-Reinforced Injection-Molded Polymer Chassis and Mounting Bracket (PCS-80SQ).
A strong, rigid in-wall design that will dramatically reduce sound-coloring resonances.
Specifications of PARADIGM PCS 80R FEATURE
- Design: Single high-excursion driver, in-ceiling, combination die-cast and GRIP™ chassis / mounting bracket
- Low Frequency Driver: 210-mm (8 in) CFP™ cone, 38-mm (1-1/2 in) voice-coil, over-molded TPR™ surround, high-temperature polyamide former, ceramic / ferrite magnet structure
- Low Frequency Extension: 19 Hz (DIN)
- Weight: 5.2 lbs. (2.6 kg)
- Overall Dimensions
- Diameter 11.625" (29.5cm)
- Cut-Out Dimensions
- Diameter 10.625" (27.0cm)
- Minimum Mounting Depth (Depth required is the distance between 1/2" drywall, or similar material): 5.875" (14.9cm)
- Minimum Internal Volume Required: 0.77 cu ft (22 L)
- Required Backbox (Sold Separately): bx-10r