PARADIGM MONITOR 9 V7
It took three emperors and 15 years to build Rome’s colosseum, architecture that still elicits awe centuries later. And while we’re not so bold as to compare the colosseum to the new Monitor Series, you have to admit the speakers look more than a little awesome in the backdrop of Ancient Rome. Good architecture will stand up well over time, as will good sonic architecture. Our Monitor Series is a classic example. Now in its seventh iteration, each new generation is an opportunity for refinement: design innovations from our higher-priced reference lineups, reference-quality component parts, cabinets and even finishes! When it comes to getting value for your money, it doesn’t get better than Monitor Series. Since its inception, the Monitor Series has been a favorite of audiophiles on a budget — with Monitor Series, that hasn’t changed.
Advanced S-Pal™ Satin-Anodized Pure-Aluminum Bass/Midrange Cones. First seen in our Paradigm Reference lineup, very high stiffness-to-mass ratio and outstanding internal damping. The result? Remarkable midrange clarity, superb extended bass response and freedom from unwanted resonances and distortions. In an affordable audio category – unbelievable quality!
Advanced Carbon-Infused Injection-Molded Polypropylene Bass Cones. The high mineral content and injection-molding process have created a durable and rigid cone with affords us bragging rights for cone consistency and repeatability.
For those of you who are wondering. A baffle is the surface on which the speakers or drivers are mounted. It prevents the front and rear sound waves from interfering with each other causing sound cancellation, as well as to absorb sound energy, particularly problematic reflected sound. So a speaker baffle is pretty darn important.
The new Monitor Series baffle is a work of art – worthy of a spot in the arches of a colosseum. It boasts … Advanced S-Pal™ Satin-Anodized Pure-Aluminum Domes with powerful neodymium magnets and ferro-fluid cooling for increased power handling! Highs are more soaring and spacious, crystal clear and undiluted even at the higher bandwidths.
Wire Mesh Tweeter Guard and WaveGuide™. More Reference technology, ensuring a smooth, wide panorama of audiophile-quality sound. Wire mesh protection for the pure-aluminum tweeter.
Specifications of PARADIGM MONITOR 9 V7
- Design: 4-driver, 2-1/2-way bass reflex, quasi-3rd-order resistive port, floorstanding model
- Crossover: 3rd-order electro-acoustic at 2.0 kHz, 2nd-order electro-acoustic at 700 Hz (lower bass drivers)
- Frequency Response On-Axis: ±2dB from 46 Hz - 22 kHz
- Frequency Response 30° Off-Axis: ±2dB from 46 Hz - 18 kHz
- High Frequency Driver: 25-mm (1 in) S-PAL™ dome tweeter, ferro-fluid cooled and damped
- Mid/Bass Frequency Driver: 140-mm (5-1/2 in) S-PAL™ cone, 25-mm (1 in) high-temperature voice-coil, oversize ceramic / ferrite magnets, GRIP™ chassis
- Low Frequency Driver: Two 140-mm (5-1/2 in) carbon-infused polypropylene cones, 25-mm (1 in) high-temperature voice-coils, oversize ceramic / ferrite magnets, GRIP™ chassis
- Low Frequency Extension: 31 Hz (DIN)
- Sensitivity Room / Anechoic: 91 dB / 88 dB
- Impedance: Compatible with 8 ohms
- Suitable Amplifier Power Range: 15 - 200 watts
- Maximum Input Power: 150 watts
- Finishes: Black Ash, Heritage Cherry
- Weight: 42 lbs. (19.1 kg)
- Dimensions HxWxD: 40" × 6.875" × 10.5"(101.6cm × 17.5cm × 26.7cm)